In order to provide all the residents an amazing lifestyle, Bahria town has certain rules and regulations, otherwise known as the by-laws in place. Whenever you are building any house, no matter what the size of the plot is, whether it is 125 sq. yard, 250 sq. yard, 500 sq. yard, 1000 sq. yard or 3000 sq. yard farmhouse, you need to adhere to these by-laws. Otherwise, you might have to face consequences in the form of fines. The purpose of these by-laws is to give a certain amount of uniformity to all the houses that are being built.
These important by-laws are as follows:
- Only the elevations that have been approved by Bahria town can be used and no others.
- Different sized water storage tanks will be constructed under the house for different sized properties. For a 125 sq. yard plot, the dimensions should be 6x4x4 feet, for 250 sq. yard 7x5x6, for 500 sq. yard plot 8x5x6 feet and for plots above 500, the size should be 8x5x7 feet.
- Similarly, there are different sizes that has been prescribed for the overhead water tank as well. Those sizes are for 125 sq. yard 5x4x4, for 250 sq. yard 6x5x4, for 500 sq. yard 7x5x4 and for larger than 500 sq. yards, the size is 7x6x4.
- There are certain restrictions regarding the area that can be covered by each plot size as well. These restrictions dictate that if you own a plot that is 125 sq. yard, then you are allowed to cover 70% the area of the house. Similarly, if the plot size is 250 sq. yard, then you will be allowed to cover 65% of the area of the plot. For all plot sizes above 250 sq. yard, you are allowed to cover an area of 50% of the total plot.
- You are not allowed to connect the storm drain of your house to the sewage system that runs through Bahria town.
- One of the most important by-laws prescribed by Bahria town is the color scheme that you are going to use for the exterior of your house. You cannot chose any color on your own without first consulting and getting it approved from the Design Wing of Bahria town.
- There are no approved contractors prescribed by Bahria town. All the contractors are to be selected by the land owner. But it must be guaranteed that the material that they are using is strictly according to the Bahria town standards.
- If you want to construct a basement in a plot that is above 1000 sq. yard, then you need to give an undertaking to all the neighboring houses that if any damage is to occur to their houses during the construction of basement, you will be responsible for that damage and are liable to cover the damage as well.
- Only aluminum window frames will be used.
- Height of the building should not exceed 30 ft.
- Garage to be leveled at 8 inches.
- Floor level of roof should not exceed 2 ft. once finished.
- No one is allowed to construct a mumty.
- After every stage of completion of a house, Bahria town issues a completion certificate of that stage. So you must be careful that you get the completion certificate on every stage so that you do not have to face any difficulties afterwards. If you have not gotten any certificate of completion on a certain stage, then you will have to submit an affidavit of 100 PKR on stamp paper and will submit a fee of PKR 10,000.
- If due to some reason, you have lost the inspection card due to some reason, then you can get a duplicate one from Bahria town offices and will have to pay a fee of PKR 30,000 for duplicate completion certificate of the prescribed stage.
Construction Policies in Bahria Town Karachi:
Apart from these, there are a number of policies of Bahria town as well. Some of the policies are
- If you want to get an NOC regarding construction on any property, first you need to clear all the payments. The payments are different for different property sizes.
- After clearing all the payments, only then are you eligible to apply for possession. After application, you will get possession in a certain amount of time.
- Once you have received the possession, then you will carry out the soil test. This soil test will be conducted by approved teams from Bahria town management.
- Then you will need to get your drawings approved from Bahria town. These include plumbing, electric, structure and sewage drawings. All the drawings should be made by qualified and approved architects so that they are up to the required standards for building a house in Bahria town Karachi. There are a number of documents that you have to attach with the drawings of your house. Those documents are,
- A copy of the national identity card of the owner.
- Allotment letter for the plot that has been issued by Bahria town.
- Copy of Bahria town’s issued possession certificate.
- A certificate that confirms that there are no pending dues (NDC).
- Two soil tests that have been carried out.
- Payment receipt.
- After this, you will get the NOC from the Bahria town management.
- You can only construct ground and one floor on a residential plot of all sizes.
- The area that you can construct on, i-e the covered area is described by Bahria town laws for each plot size. For example for a 125 sq. yard plot, it is 2000 sq. feet and so on.
- The front elevation and the material you use for the grey structure will be as per rules of Bahria town.
- The material that you use for finishing can be as per your choice.
These by-laws are in place to guarantee a quality living facility. So by keeping all the above mentioned policies and by-laws under consideration, you can build a house or a farmhouse in Bahria town Karachi.