• All the members must take up possession as soon as possible or their plots will be cancelled.
• 35% more development fee to be submitted again to take up possession.
Apart from these, there were numerous other points as well due to which the people had no other way but to protest against BTK administration. Therefore, with the help of JI, an agreement was reached between the affectees and the administration of BTK in the presence of the owner of BTK, Malik Riaz. His signs are present on the agreement that states that all these issues will be resolved as soon as possible. This agreement took place on 9th march 2020.
Recent Discussion session:
The Ameer (president) of JI Karachi, Hafiz Naeem Ur Rehman, along with his colleagues held a live discussion session through Facebook to address the various concerns of the people. People asked live question during the session which were addressed by Hafiz Naeem along with his colleagues. The main points of discussion during this session are as follows:
• The agreement was supposed to be implemented as soon as possible. But due to the corona pandemic, the whole country went into lockdown. Therefore, the implementation could not take place.
• JI has also been in contact with BTK administration as well as Malik Riaz and they have assured that all the points agreed upon in the agreement will be implemented. The main reason for delay is the Covid-19 pandemic.
• During this time, people from all over Pakistan, as well as numerous overseas Pakistanis have contacted JI and told that they have been receiving threats in notices that their possession will be cancelled. The notices are asking them to pay the development fee and take possession forcefully.
• This point has been discussed with Malik Riaz and he has assured that the notices will be adjusted according to the original terms that were agreed upon in the agreement.
• JI has been in contact with various overseas Pakistani groups as well. The top most among those are Global Overseas Pakistani and Voice of Overseas Pakistani. According to both the groups, they have been receiving threats to take up possession as soon as possible or their plots will be cancelled.
Live question and answer session:
The Ameer of JI Karachi assured that all the points that were agreed upon will be implemented. He also received live questions from the people. A number of people said that they have received the cheques but they have either bounced, or are not of the total amount that was supposed to be paid them in form of relief. Therefore, he has talked with Malik Riaz and in the next session, he will be present with them as well to address the issues personally. Furthermore, a lot of people also said that BTK administration is adamant on saying that they are not aware of any agreement with JI. Therefore, all the issues have been presented to the owner of BT group and he himself will address the issues. The only delay is due to the corona pandemic. As soon as the things get back to normal, people will be provided relief.
Another very important thing that the Ameer clarified for the people was the value of the agreement. He told that one point agreed upon in the agreement states that this is a legal document. It can be provided in the court as a legal document. Therefore, if any party, either they buyer or from BTK, decides to go to court, they can present the agreement. Therefore, if anyone wants to take up the matter in court, they can use the agreement as a supporting document as it can be presented as a legal document.